Having been, as we trust, brought by the grace of God to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to offer ourselves to Him, and having been baptized by immersion upon our profession of faith, in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we do now, by His grace, solemnly and joyfully renew our covenant together.
- We will seek to walk together in the unity of the Spirit, praying for one another and exercising mutual care as members one of another.
- We will not forsake the assembling of ourselves together, and we will make it a priority to attend corporate gatherings. Under the Word of God, we will work together for the continuance of a faithful gospel ministry in this church, as we sustain its doctrines, worship, and the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- We will frequently encourage, exhort, and admonish one another to hold to our confession of Christ, remembering that as we have been voluntarily buried by baptism and raised again from the symbolic grave, so there is on us now a special obligation to lead a new and holy life.
- We will work together to support the ministry of the church by upholding its mission, submitting to our elders, using our gifts for the edification of one another, and praying for its health. We will contribute cheerfully and regularly to the support of the ministry, the expenses of the church, the relief of the needy, and the spread of the gospel to all nations.
- We will aim to make disciples of Christ in our own city and abroad, sending to the nations those from among us and readying ourselves to go when called.
- We will endeavor to bring up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord those who may be under our household. In view of this calling, we will not neglect the Word of God in our homes.
- We will, when we move from this place, as soon as possible, unite with some other church where we can carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.